Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Disney: Skimping on the Dreams



Today in class we watced how Walt Disney classic movies like Snow white, the aristocats, Jungle book, and others have scenes in them that are the exact copies but with differnt characters.

All I could think to myself when this was going on in class was, "sooo Disney really only made one movie?"

You don't notice it, because you're not watching the films side by side. Nevertheless, it was still disappointing to me. Some of the movies, I'll admit, I haven't seen and therefore cannot compare story lines very accurately, but I feel as though they must be at least similar, or the dances and chases (which were the templates we watched) must seem completely random.

I guess it's wise for Disney to use the templates in various movies, it helps them crank them out faster. The quality of concept in my mind is now dimisnished for the movies I grew up watching.

ar·che·type 
n.
1. An original model or type after which other similar things are patterned.



Which movies stemmed from original concepts?

Disney, what will I find out next about your "magical" company?

No comments:

Post a Comment