Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Video Art

This is my final piece for this class. When I first got the assignment, I was definitely intimidated by it, as I know no more than imovie to make video projects/video effects. As I watched some of the video art by Pipliotti Rist (though I still find her completely disturbing) and pulled other concepts from Greg's performance piece, I got an idea. I decided to shoot myself through different mediums. All the colors and shapes in the video are unedited. Though I didn't use effects once the movie as shot, I took an old school approach and tried different lenses and filters per se. In some shots, it's almost as if  it's an old school photobooth shot on a mac. Quite hilarious. :)


The music is copyright free, a work from clownbasket.com. 

Ps. I'm using this project to make up for my lack of human distortion in my grid art. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment