Sunday, November 29, 2009

Performance Art

As I thought about this project more and more, many things came to mind in which I wanted to execute in a performance. I thought about lugging technology around behind my bicycle, but the extent of old technology that could have been destroyed at my house was limited. The weather was also not ideal for that concept. I wanted to have interaction, having my family place the items on my body, they did not want to be on camera. I also filmed my friends and I playing rockband as a pun on the performance element, and then I realized that could have been a performance art piece in itself. The final product is a compilation of these ideas and obstacles with some snazzy music and video effects added to it.
The Result
I certainly respect performing artists more now, as I can see how much effort can go into something that may seem so simple.

I just came up with bonus idea. It will be added as well to this entry. Yay for spontaneous ideas!
The Bonus Video

1 comment:

  1. Kasey-tron! :) I loved that you cut away from it and came back at the end to having all of the pieces all over you.

    ReplyDelete