Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tristan and Isolde

This movie really baffled my mind.

I understood some of the references to the man being dead or crazy, but some of the story lines that I made up in my head, never turned out to actually happen. I thought his hand stuck in the door would be the hand on the road. I thought the woman's eye was in the box, but it was the hand, then it was nothing. I did NOT understand the piano/dead animal/two men being pulled by the man, though this could be what the artist meant. I saw the references to the man in the moth and the belongings laid out on the bed. The man was haunting the woman, but she was unsure of whether she liked this or not. Was he a past lover? A present lover? Was he the same man she ended up with in the end?

Overall, I did not like the story, only because it was not a story. I don't like loose ends, and this film drove me crazy by leading me in four thousand directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment